Job Description: The PRC Support Assistant greets visitors to Alyssa’s Place and assists people seeking help with access to resources and services at the center as well as in the community. The Support Assistant also serves in a peer mentor role and should be the warm and friendly face welcomes people who are frequently in some measure of distress or need.
- The incumbent is to greet visitors who enter the center with a warm and friendly demeanor and treat each visitor with dignity and respect.
- The incumbent is to educate visitors on resources available at Alyssa’s Place and throughout the community that may be a fit for the visitors’ needs.
- The incumbent shall assist with general duties at the center including keeping the center tidy and neat, making coffee, preparing snacks, loading/unloading dishwasher etc.
- The incumbent is responsible to open/close center on days and times assigned by the Program Director and to ensure that the premises is safe and secure.
- The incumbent shall network and represent Alyssa’s Place in the community and will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and professional standards of the agency.
- The incumbent will attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- The incumbent shall attend all mandatory meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
The successful candidate should be a person in recovery from a substance use disorder or have lived experience working with people with substance use disorders, who can demonstrate a level or personal health and self-care sufficient enough to handle the responsibilities of this role. Candidate should have good oral communication skills; computer skills are a plus.
Supervision Given: None
Supervision Received: The Peer Recovery Center Support Assistant is supervised by the Program Director.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume or visit https://www.gaamha.com/about-us/careeropportunities/.