The Employment Specialist performs a range of services designed to assist individuals to obtain and maintain competitive employment. The Employment Specialist will develop, coordinate, and implement activities to support job placement and continued employment for individuals with disabilities participating in GAAMHA’s Individual Supported Employment contracts.
- The incumbent will be responsible to write the Individual Support Plans (ISP), Provider Support Plans (PSA), and Progress Summary to achieve an individual’s goal.
- The incumbent is responsible for assisting in the development and growth of employment through goals outlined in ISP’s and PSA’s.
- Assist individuals in creation of Cover Letter, Resume, and Interviewing Skills.
- Identify competitive integrated employment opportunities specific to individuals based on their interests, skills, and abilities.
- Provide individualized outreach to employers, arrangement of On-The-Job Training, and assistance with job skills coaching.
- Be a liaison between the individual and employer to reach common success of on the job goals.
- Maintain ongoing personal contacts with a variety of businesses and industry representatives and make cold calls to potential employers.
- Perform outreach and recruitment activities by attending job fairs, visiting companies, attending networking groups, etc.
- Engage individuals in collaborative relationships directed towards the goal of competitive employment in community job settings or enrollment in short-term training programs.
- Conduct job development and job search activities directed towards positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the individuals served.
- Assist individuals in obtaining information about their benefits (e.g., SSI, Medicaid, etc.), and how they will be affected by employment, and to help individuals access benefits counseling when making decisions about changes in work hours and pay.
- Assist in obtaining vocational, educational, and skills training opportunities for individuals using job postings, the internet, career centers, and other available resources.
- Maintain communication with all external and internal parties related to the individual (Family, Service Coordinator, Case Managers, etc.) to ensure everyone is up to date with current information.
- The incumbent is responsible to accurately report billing information and notes timely.
- Complete assessments that are required by GAAMHA, Inc. and other agencies.
- Assist job seekers in identifying available transportation options.
- The incumbent shall network and represent GAAMHA, Inc. in the community and will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the values and professional standards of the agency.
- Other duties as may be deemed necessary and or requested.
Qualifications: Associate degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a closely related field is preferred; however, demonstrated equivalent work experience may be considered. Experience in providing employment services to individuals and businesses is preferred.
Supervision Given: None
Supervision Received: The incumbent is supervised directly by the Employment Services Supervisor.
Compensation: This is a Full-Time position with competitive compensation and a generous benefit and time off package.