The Driver will maintain regular communication with appropriate Transit staff in regard to the riders (wheelchair and ambulatory). The hours of employment may vary depending on job assignment; however, usually result in 20 to 30 hours per week.
1. Ensure the safe daily transportation of clients under his/her supervision.
2. Assist riders, when necessary, in boarding and debarking vehicle; use of seat belts, etc. This includes pushing and pulling of wheelchairs and safely securing the passenger.
3. Riders are not to be left unattended on vans.
4. Attend in-service and mandatory training sessions as required.
5. Drivers carry and maintain route logs, vehicle checklist, time card and cellular phone.
6. Driver notifies office immediately of any emergency or unusual situation to receive further instructions.
7. Available for night and weekend driving as necessary.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen, CORI, fingerprinting and the ability to obtain a hackney license. All fees associated to these requirements are paid by GAAMHA, Inc.
Qualifications: High School Graduate with a minimum of two years full-time employment of which six months must have been in a related field. Substitutions for education: High School equivalency test, GED, in combination with experience and training in industry, which in the judgment of the Transit Supervisor, would meet the job requirements. A minimum of three years driving experience is required. Applicants must also have an acceptable driving record.
Supervision Given: The incumbent supervises his/her assigned riders.
Supervision Received: The incumbent is supervised directly by the Transit Supervisor.