COMMUNITY BASED SUPPORT STAFF – In-Home Services
Support GAAMHA individuals to develop and maintain a high quality of life, be as independent as possible, and help maintain and improve community inclusion, employment opportunities, and social interaction with peers/co-workers.
- Behavior must be professional at all times and consistent with GAAMHA’s culture, mission, values, philosophy, and policies and procedures, including treating individuals and others with dignity and respect.
- Work independently without direct daily supervision.
- Plan and support individuals in daily activities and training, which may include, ensuring individuals build new and rewarding interests, providing vocational training, personal living skills training, learning activities, and physical fitness activities.
- Prepare activities and bring the necessary tools/items needed to each client home that is scheduled for the day, week, and/or month.
- Provide individuals with activity assignments and instructions.
- Assist individuals in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitor for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns of activities.
- Assist with Adult Daily Living skills as needed/requested.
- Ensure to remove and clean all items utilized for in home activities prior to departure from the individual’s home.
- Supervise and evaluate designated individuals’ performance and report relevant observations.
- Complete paperwork, as necessary, to meet GAAMHA, federal, and state regulatory requirements, to include the following:
- Ensuring that all electronic documentation is detailed, pertinent to the individual’s goal and contains accurate objective information based on observations to indicate progress.
- Checking and responding to messages relative to the program on a daily basis.
- Upon return to program site, ensure the cleanliness of the vehicle provided.
- Complete required, on-going training requirements within GAAMHA and state required timeframes.
- Other activities as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, unless required by state law, 0-3 years working in human services preferred, preferably with adults or children with disabilities, basic fluency in oral and written English. Candidate must also have an acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment) and must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record upon hire and annually.
Performing mechanical or physical lifts and/or transfers according to individual client protocols, Assisting with ADL’s, Bending, Housecleaning duties, e.g., laundry, vacuuming, cleaning showers, tubs, dishes, taking out garbage, Standing, Climbing, Kneeling and Pushing, e.g. wheelchairs
Supervision Given: None
Supervision Received: The incumbent is directly supervised by the Community Based Day Coordinator.