COMMUNITY BASED DAY COORDINATOR – Vocational Track Program
The Community Based Day Coordinator supervises community-based day support staff, creates activity calendar for individuals, and coordinates and plans the staffing and activities to ensure community inclusion, and social interaction with peers/co-workers.
1. Supervise all community-based day direct care staff. Including training and development.
2. Keep abreast of current developments and mandates in programmatic applications of community-based day program as it applies to GAAMHA.
3. Responsible for the oversight of the community base day program and enclaves operated by GAAMHA.
4. Coordinates community activities and volunteer opportunities.
5. Safeguard the confidentiality of those supported by the programs.
6. Complete paperwork, as necessary, to meet GAAMHA, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
7. Maintains informal and formal communications with all program support staff and provides written communication for reference.
8. Maintains written and electronic communication prepared by all program support staff used for reference in progress notes, data sheets, and incident reports as required.
9. Provides quality opportunities for program participants, which includes contact with families, residential programs, DDS and other service providers.
10. Teaches classes to individuals following program curriculum, as needed.
11. Attends required orientation and training, including in-service training, conferences and seminars.
12. Performs other duties and projects as assigned by the Day Services Director.
High school diploma, associate’s degree preferred; 0-3 years working in human services preferred, preferably with adults or children with disabilities preferred; must have 1 year supervisory experience; job coach experience preferred, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and basic fluency in oral and written English.
Supervision Given: The Community Based Day Coordinator supervises community-based day staff.
Supervision Received: The incumbent is supervised directly by the Day Services Director.