Fleet Maintenance Technician
The Fleet Maintenance Technician will be directly responsible for a preventative maintenance schedule and all necessary repairs for all Transit vehicles and company equipment (ie. Forklift). They will also assist with providing transportation of consumers for Transit, assist with facilities (maintenance and repair) and snow removal and sanding/plowing.
- Responsible for maintaining that all vehicles are in proper and safe
operating condition and be knowledgeable of all Federal, State, Local
and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Set up and maintain a schedule of all preventative maintenance and
repairs on all Transit vehicles.
- Maintain cumulative logs for each vehicles maintenance.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some weekends and
“fill-in” on an “as needed” basis.
- Check all vehicles monthly to make sure all emergency equipment is in
place and operable.
- Notify manager of any immediate problems or any anticipated problems.
- Provide weekly reports to manager of work performed on vehicles.
- Collect, review and act, if necessary, on Vehicle Checklists provided by
- Responsible for ensuring there are adequate supplies and equipment needed
to maintain GAAMHA’s fleet.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required with minimum of 5 years practical experience in motor vehicle maintenance and repair. Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen, CORI, fingerprinting and the ability to obtain a hackney license. Department of Transportation card is a plus. Must have own tools for basic vehicle maintenance. Valid Massachusetts license.
Supervision Given: None.
Supervision Received: The incumbent is supervised directly by the Facilities Manager.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT LETTER OF INTEREST TO CAREERS@GAAMHA.ORG