Job Description: The Transit Supervisor of GAAMHA is responsible for administrative and general functions of the transportation division. The incumbent will direct the overall daily operation of a transportation organization that provides door-to-door transportation to adults with disabilities, seniors and children.
- Be responsible for reporting any maintenance needed of all vehicles to ensure they are in a proper and safe operating condition.
- Be responsible for the overall scheduling of transportation and assuring the proper and timely adherence to scheduled and nonscheduled transportation commitments.
- Supervise all staff, to include recommendations to CEO for all hiring and terminations of employees.
- Be responsible for the overall communication with all relevant parties, to include but not be limited to all vendors, and other related parties, and all regulatory agencies.
- Be responsible for reporting transportation needs to the CEO regarding staffing and vehicle requirements in a timely fashion.
- In conjunction with the Transit Admin, maintain daily logs, schedule all passengers’ ridership and dispatching and scheduling van routes.
- Prepare and submit accurate billing information to the Financial Office or Vendor.
- Will coordinate activities with other agency personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High School Degree or G.E.D. with experience in providing transportation to individuals. Associates Degree preferred. One-year management/supervisory experience minimum. Must possess a professional attitude and appearance. Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen, CORI, fingerprinting and the ability to obtain a hackney license. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office. Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license to drive agency vehicles. Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
Supervision Given: The incumbent supervises his/her Transit staff.
Supervision Received: The incumbent is supervised directly by the CEO or his/her designee.